Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Cade's Obsession

I know that I've mentioned this before, and I was going to just put the stories in his monthly update, but this topic deserves a post of its own.  Cade is obsessed with vacuums. 

  • He points to the vacuum before his dad in the morning. 
  • We have to keep our bedroom door closed so he forgets the vacuum is in there.
  • He pulls out the carpet sweeper multiple times a day and vacuums the living room.  This is now referred to as Cade's vacuum.  When I tell him no with the big vacuum, he points to himself and says "Cade vacuum." 
  • "vacuum" was one of his first words.
  • He moves the chairs around the dining table into the kitchen so we can vacuum--even without anyone mentioning the "v" word.
  • We have showed him how to vacuum "right here" to pick up stuff on the floor.  Now he hands me his vacuum and points to different spots on the carpet and says "there."
  • We were at Walmart the other day and happened to be close to the vacuum aisle.  I decided to wander down it.  Cade sat and stared and was so impressed.  I left the area and went to find something else.  Cade kept signing "more" and pointing in the direction of the vacuums.  He was so insistent that I took him back over there. He said "vacuum" over and over again in the car coming home.  We called my dad to tell him about the cool vacuums at Walmart.  Later, we told Kirk about it.  This was a mistake because then Cade kept repeating it over and over and wanted to go out the door to find the vacuums again. 
  • I take him visiting teaching with me and he knows that the lady we visit keeps her vacuum in the corner in the hallway.
  • We went to play with friends one day and their vacuum was out.  Cade didn't care about the toys or the other kids.  I let him push the vacuum for a minute and then help me put it away. 
  • When we were in Utah over Christmas, he figured out where both grandparents keep their vacuums.  Since they are nicer than me, they helped him vacuum almost every day.  My parents ended up hiding theirs in a different closet because Cade kept dragging it out into the living room whenever it was put away. 
Wow.  Maybe he'll stay obsessed and can be our official vacuumer for the next 18 years.  What a crazy kid!

1 comment:

Kara M. said...

Haha that's pretty funny. Well, now you know what will make him happy if you are ever at the store and he is having a hard time. Just go for a spin down that magical row!