Pages

Friday, February 22, 2013

Project: Baby hairbows

Since we're having a girl, I decided I needed to dress her up a bit. Who knows, this may be my only chance! I decided to make some headbands, bows and flower clips and I am pretty excited to use them!

I got the bows off makeitandloveit.blogspot.com.  The clips came from Sally Beauty supply.  I covered the top prong and hinge of each clip with ribbon, using hot glue to hold it together.  The bows are super simple and are also hot glued together.  Each clip also has a piece of shelf liner attached to the inside of the top prong to help keep it in fine hair.  I got the ribbon on clearance at JoAnn's and I think each one turned out to be less than 25 cents.  I did doubles for future pigtails.
 My mom helped me make these flower clips over Christmas break.  These clips are also covered in ribbon with a shelf liner non-slip grip and everything is glued together.  They also came out pretty cheap--25-30 cents.  My mom had some of the ribbon and flowers on hand which was great! 
 Headbands:  The black and pink are from a roll of stretchy lace I bought at Hobby Lobby.  I made 2 sizes for when she grows.  The white one is made from a knee-high sock sewn together.  Each has  a ribbon where clips can be attached. 
Anyway, it was a fun project.  Not too many details here, but if you want to know more, let me know.  Can't wait to meet our little girl in a couple of weeks!

1 comment:

Kara M. said...

Looks like you've been busy! They turned out super cute!