Pages

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Cade's stories and 36 weeks

Cade has started telling stories.  One night he was eating a snack in his high chair and heard a car alarm honking outside.  He kept motioning honking (like we do for the wheels on the bus song) and pointing to the door.  When he finished his snack Kirk took him outside and showed him that the horns were all gone.  Now whenever we hear a horn, he does his sign, points to the door and then waves bye bye as if saying "I just heard a horn outside and now the car is gone."

Kirk went running a couple of nights ago.  He changed his clothes and got out his running shoes.  We told Cade that Daddy was going running.  Cade knows what running is.  He says "run run run" as he runs back and forth across the living room or down a sidewalk.  So, when we said Kirk was going running outside, Cade understood (in his own way.)  We went out and watched Kirk run away.  Cade found the shoes the next day in our room and kept telling me how Dada run run run .  Then he pointed to the door.  When Kirk left for work, Cade thought he went running. 

We decided to cut Cade's hair again last night.  We grabbed a chair, took, off his clothes and he sat on Kirk's lap in the bathroom while Kirk used the buzzer.  Then we put Cade in the bathtub and I cut Kirk's hair.  Today, he has been making a buzzing noise then pointing to the chair then running to the bathroom then trying to take his clothes off all while pointing to his hair.  He also "tells" us that we cut Kirk's hair and not my hair. 

He is definitely getting smarter!  He is remembering day to day things that happen.  It's fun and crazy to watch.


I am 36.5 weeks along--only 3 or so to go!  I still love feeling her move around especially when a knee or elbow pokes out an inch and moves across my belly.  I think this baby is going to be big too. I am excited to not be pregnant anymore, but am nervous about taking care of a newborn again and all the work and lack of sleep that entails--especially with the time and energy Cade takes.  I am very excited to not feel nauseous every morning, be able to stand up easily, bend over, and overall get back to my normal size.  It will definitely be nice to not be pregnant anymore, but I am so grateful for this opportunity.  I am tired a lot, that won't change for a while, but hopefully I will have more energy and not be exhausted when I have to carry something up the stairs to my apartment.  :)  We have a bunch of pink clothes and some hair bows for this girl along with a box of diapers.  We are still trying to figure out a name for her, nothing has hit home as perfect yet!

1 comment:

Stormie said...

Good luck with everything! The second kid definitely makes life very exciting! And good luck with the name; I know it can be stressful deciding on the perfect one (we decided on Misty like 5 days before she was born). Hope it all goes well!