Cade turned 19 months in March. Here's some highlights:
- He became a big brother! He is obsessed with "Ana" as he calls her. He likes to get diapers for me and touch Cami's tummy and head and hands. He likes to climb in the chair and hold Cami on his lap too. He also thinks it is really funny when Cami sneezes!
- The day we brought Cami home from the hospital, Cade came down with the flu! Kirk took great care of him and I stayed away. Kirk ended up with the flu as well, so Cami and I were basically quarantined to the bedroom and we washed hands lots! Cade was doing well after 2 days.
- Cade loves to color. We have an old box that we tape papers too and he scribbles away. I like to tell him different animals to draw. He makes a dot and says "right there."
- Cade loves pom poms as well. His favorite thing to do is shake the ziploc bag so the scatter everywhere. We have a plastic hollow ball that we can pack them into and he throws it and scatters them that way too.
- Cade was playing with the light switches one day. He can't reach them, but Kirk was holding him. Understandably, Kirk was done after a bit and told Cade no more. Cade was upset and I tried to distract him with other toys. I told him to go get his popper. He went and got it and carried it over to the light switch and used the popper to turn it on and off. I am seriously amazed everyday at what he does and understands.
- We were singing songs with Cami. When we did "If you're happy and you know it" Cade went to Cami and helped her clap her hands.
- Cade hasn't really been to nursery this month. I'm pretty sure that's where the flu came from (keep your sick kids home!) and we don't want any more sickness. Cade doesn't like it in there either and Kirk or I have to check on him or go with him so he doesn't cry the whole time. It's a work in progress. I'm sure he'll get there eventually (then we'll move. . .)
- We had a bunch of balloons from Kirk's birthday around the house. I took them down and put them in Cade's room. He loves to be in his crib with all the balloons. He will throw them out and I will throw them back in. You think he'd get sick of it eventually, but it hasn't happened yet!
- I've been trying to do new activities with Cade. I got a mixing bowl and put some water in it. I put it on the kitchen floor with some towels, measuring cups, spoons, a funnel, etc. Cade loves playing with it and dumpin it everywhere. I can't wait until it gets warmer and we can do this outside, but for now, it is fun! We did cornstarch and water last week and he wasn't too impressed--too messy. Today we made play dough and he sat in his high chair for 45 minutes playing with it. Winner!
- Other free toys I've made: cut a hole in a sour cream container and put juice lids through it and pipe cleaners through the holes of an empty spice container.
- Kirk and Cade were shopping at Sportsman's warehouse. Kirk got some thread and some dubbing for tying flies and let Cade hold them. Cade wouldn't put them down as they went through the store. He held them through checkout all the way until they got home.
- Cade still loves the Raffi movie and singing action songs. When my mom came to visit we made some felt finger puppets to go with the songs.
- Cade likes to help me unload the dishwasher. He hands me plates and cups to put away. He puts the silverware in the right drawer and the utinsels in the other drawer. He also knows where some of the bowls and storage containers go.
- Cami has changed a lot this month too! She is getting more alert and awake each day. She is usually up about an hour at a time and then we try to get her to sleep. Right now we have made our extra bathroom Cami's room and I sleep so much better with her not in our room! I really want to put her in bed and let her fall asleep on her own, and this probably happens about
1/2 of the time. She loves to be swaddled and held and cuddled. She takes 3 good naps a day and is waking me up twice at night. She has gotten to the point now that we're only up about a half hour to eat and do a diaper change. - She eats every 3-3.5 hours. I usually wake her up to eat. I plan on trying a bottle with her soon; we'll see how that goes.
- Cami had her two week check on 3/16. She was back to (almost) birth weight at 9 lb 11 oz, 95th percentile. She was 22.25 inches long (90th percentile) so she is on the same track as Cade. She is currently wearing 0-3 month clothes and they fit great! She is in size 1 diapers too.

1 comment:
Fun updates...even though I talke to you often, I didn't know a lot of those stories! I love the light switch one. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment