Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Fishing trip

Kirk wanted to go fishing this weekend and talked me into going with Cade and Cami.  I think Kirk is pretty brave taking us along.  He feels bad leaving all day on Saturday.  I know that he didn't get to fish as much as he would have liked, but the weather was perfect and we had a fun time.  I got a bunch of stuff ready on Friday.  I feel like we pack up our whole house to do some thing like this.  Cami slept in the car on the way to the river.  I gave her a bottle when we got there so she was good to go for a while.  We found a little gravel patch at the edge of the river and set up our stroller and blanket complete with plenty of toys and food.  We started out with Cade on Kirk's back and Cami in the Bjorn on me, both fishing.  I wish I had a picture of all 4 of us! 



 


I caught a fish and then Cami was about done.  We went back to the blanket and played and made lunch.  Mostly she tried to crawl off the blanket and eat rocks and I pulled her back on and distracted her with cheerios. 
After a while Cade was getting tired and Kirk brought him in and took him to the bathroom.  Cami took another nap in my arms and Kirk fished a bit more.  Then Kirk came in and fed Cami and I took Cade in the backpack until he got tired.  So I kept fishing and Kirk had both kids on the shore.  I thought it was pretty cute to watch Cade throw rocks in the river while Kirk (in his waders) fed Cami some applesauce.  We traded again and I took the kiddos back to the car and started cleaning up while Kirk explored one more stretch of river before calling it a day. 

Both Cade and Cami slept pretty much the whole way home (an hour and a half).  It was a fun day.  Too much work for every week, but definitely worth it once in a while. 

Just call me supermom.  I don't make homemade bread or have vinyl on my walls, but I can fish with a kid on my back (or front)!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What do you mean you don't make homemade bread-I think flat bread counts. I love your pictures, you are brave and amazing!--Mom