Thursday: yes, it would be worth it. Now, How can I make this happen? Dar could only go for a few days and 2 days driving for only 3 days visiting there wasn't worth it to me. I called up Kirk's mom, Lisa and asked if she would be willing to drive back with me and then fly home. She thought that was a great idea and booked a ticket. I decided to not tell my parents that I was coming at all.
Wednesday, October 9: Wake up early, car is already packed. I was ready to walk out the door by 6:05 but both the kids were still sleeping. Really? For the last week at least one of them had been up by 5:30. Cade had been a little sick so we let him sleep. He woke up at 6:20 and then I woke up Cami too. We were on the road by 7. The drive was long, but pretty smooth. We had some really dense fog in Oregon. In Idaho, I saw a sign that said "game crossing" and about 100 yards further was a dead deer. We stopped twice, once in Ontario, OR and again in Burley, ID, for gas. We stopped 2 other times to grab a binky quickly. Cami decided she was done in south Ogden and started screaming. After about 30 min I decided we needed to stop and grab her binky and she fell asleep really fast. She slept a while and then screamed again the last 20 or 30 min. We made it to Tom and Lisa's house at 7 pm, 11 hr trip. We ate some dinner and played and went to bed. Luckily, both Cade and Cami slept all night and went to sleep easily.
Thursday: I decided to go to the Morris' for this first night and day so we could see them a bit. Lindsey wouldn't be getting to my parents house until Thursday afternoon, so I didn't want to get there before her. We had a good relaxing day playing with trains, legos, and Skeeter. Cami thought Skeeter was the greatest thing! He would tolerate her for a while and then get up an move, but not too far away. At one point, she rolled over and landed on his legs and just laid there for a minute or so until he moved. It was pretty cute.
We headed out to American Fork around 3:30. We got to my parent's house about 10 minutes after Lindsey. Everyone was inside playing and Lindsey said she had to go to the car to get a diaper. She walked back in carrying Cami and holding Cade's hand. It took my mom and dad a second, but then they recognized them and came running out to see me. It was really fun to surprise them like that. They were so excited.
Friday: Mom and Dad were off work. We went to Trafalga in the morning. Many of the rides were closed, but the boys loved the airplane ride. For a while no one was in line and we went on it 4 times in a row. I think Daniel and Cade ended up with a total of 6 or 7 times. My parents took Cade and Daniel out to McDonalds for lunch and the playplace (Josh was too tired to go) and then to Wal-Mart for a few groceries. They said the boys had as much fun at Wal-Mart as McDonalds. That afternoon, my dad and I ran some errands while my kids slept. It is always fun to spend time with just my dad and I. We think a lot alike and he is easy to talk to. Alan and Kristi came over for dinner and we cooked hot dogs over the fire in the backyard.
Saturday: The boys vacuumed. We decided that they couldn't do this again because they fought too much. Lindsey's family, my dad and Cade all went to Provo Airport to see Alan and his helicopters he flies and cleans. They really liked it. Cade wasn't too sure until the very last one. They even got to see a big helicopter come in and land. They picked up donuts on the way home, because Grandpa always has to get donuts. That afternoon some of them went to the REI garage sale and got killer deals on shoes. Lindsey and I stayed home with sleeping babies and planned Daniel's birthday party. It was fun to relax and hang out. It is the kind of thing we usually talk about on the phone and say "I wish I could help you do . . . " so it was fun do actually do it together. Saturday evening was the BYU game. We had a little birthday party for Daniel and Josh. Lisa and Connor came over for dinner. It took me over 2 hours to get both Cade and Cami to sleep. Cami freaked out and was crying really hard for a while. I was exhausted by the end. Cami and I were both starting to get sick. Luckily Cade was pretty much better by then.
Sunday: Jason flew out early for his trip. We went to church. I brought Cade and Cami home after sacrament meeting so Cami could sleep and Cade could relax. He wouldn't go to nursery in a different ward anyway. We didn't do much that afternoon, just sat and talked, which is fun too. Alan and Kristi came over for dinner again. It is fun to see them. My grandpa Waters came over as well. We watched the Grandma movie. Cami played on the floor with my mom forever. It was really nice because Cade just wanted to sit in the rocker with me. Glenn, Colleen and Emily and her family came over for dessert. It was fun to see them. They are so happy right now.
Monday: We went shopping and scored a killer deal on kids clothes at Kohls. We went to whistle wok for lunch. Lindsey and I made dinner--I don't remember what else happened.
Tuesday: Lindsey and I packed up our stuff. We got Papa Murphy's for dinner. I got in my car to go pick it up and it wouldn't start! Luckily, it was just the battery and I got it jumped and then replaced. I was grateful that I decided to get the pizza in my car so I had that problem Tuesday evening instead of Wednesday morning before we drove home. I was also grateful for my dad's help and for everyone watching my kids while I got the problem resolved.
Wednesday: Lisa came over early and we were on the road about 6:45. Lindsey drove home that day too. We had a pretty easy drive home. 2 memorable things: Cade did not want to go to sleep but we could tell that he was super tired. I finally gave up trying to calm him down and started eating chips. He wanted some too. One second, he was grabbing chips and the next I looked over at him and he was asleep. He slept about an hour and woke up just as we got off the freeway to go home. He screamed from there until we got to our street (about 10 min). Another time I was trying to get Cami to go to sleep. I was sitting in the back between them so I pulled Cami's hood down to cover her. Pretty soon, she wiggled it down and was peeking at me over the top smiling. I covered her again and she kept peeking out. It was a cute new game. Scott and Kara made us dinner and it was very nice to come home and not have to worry about that.
I am so glad I went. Now I know I can do it, and may just have to head down there again sometime. I didn't get nearly enough sleep--Cami was up by 5 several mornings and Cade was up during the night a few times. But it was so fun to see my family. Cade loved playing with his cousins and Cami loved all the attention.

No comments:
Post a Comment