- Cade loves to sing and dance. We have a Christmas reindeer that plays jingle bells and he dances and sings and runs around. He has started to sing with us and repeat words during the song.
- One day I was feeding Cami a bottle and couldn't stop when Cade said "potty Mommy!" I told him to go in the bathroom and pull his pants down. He ended up going all by himself and even washed his hands and flushed the toilet. He still wears diapers at nights and wets during naps about half of the time, but when he is awake, he is great.
- Cade is getting more stubborn. He likes to say no and figure out how long I will let him get away with it. Typical 2-year old, I guess, but I'm still getting used to it.
- Cade has loved having Connor here the last few weeks. One night Cade wouldn't let me brush his teeth so I told him Connor would do a funny dance after I brushed them. So he let me and Connor did and now Connor dances with Cade after every teeth brushing!
- Cade has had a lot of fun shooting hoops with his dad and Connor. Every once in a while he yells "on fire!" just like Kirk does.
- Some of Cade's favorite phrases include "so happy," "umm yeah," and "no Cami get it."
- We were watching the Christmas devotional and the choir was singing a church, slow song. Cade started running around clapping his hands and yelling "Cade love this song"
- Cade and I saw a life-size Santa at Lowes one day. As we walked up to it, Santa started singing and dancing. It scared Cade pretty good--he started crying. But, since that day, he has recognized Santa everywhere we see him. He has loved watching the classic Santa Clause is Coming to Town and Frosty the Snowman this month.
- Cade loves to see tractors, Christmas lights, and lawn mowers.
- We went to a trampoline place and had a blast! Cade loved jumping and falling and running into the foam pit.
- He still is fascinated by the garbage truck. It comes each week between 8:30 and 9 on Monday mornings and we listen really hard until we hear it and then we run out and watch it pick up the garbage on our street.
- Cade takes good care of his sister. When she cries he runs and gets her a toy, usually the yellow ball. He will bring a box of trucks into the bathroom when I am doing my hair or getting ready so Cami can play. He loves to help feed Cami too. I can put some cut up food or cheerios on the table and Cade will give them to Cami a few at a time. I am starting to teach Cami to sign "more" too so Cade will ask Cami if she wants more and do the sign to here. It is so cute.
- Cade is still a big helper. One day after putting Cami down for a nap I asked him if he wanted to clean the bathroom, do the dishes or build a road. He yelled "Clean bathroom right now!" Ok. Sounds good to me.
- Cade loves to wave to Kirk in the mornings and will always "Get Daddy juice." (Kirk's Gatorade." We have a box of it in the garage and Cade gets one every morning for Kirk to take. I'm not sure how many have piled up in the car :)
- Cade always sits on the counter while I make Kirk's lunch and lately he has wanted his own lunch too. So I get him a bag with a few things in it. Later, he will tell me he is going to work and take his lunch and go eat it. One day, his work was in my closet (which is basically right off our dining room). He took his chair in there, then drove his car in there and read books and ate his food.
- We made some treats and took them around to our neighbors for Christmas and Cade thought it was so fun to do it. He liked to carry the treat and give it to the person himself.
- He is getting to be a much better talker. He is starting to use the words I and me instead of always talking in the 3rd person.
- He recognizes letters all over the place and likes to sing the ABC song. (which he learned from a toy)
- Cade loves to have family night. One day he found a spiral notebook. We use the nursery manual for family night and it is also spiral bound. Anyway, he "read" his book, then sang a short song, then folded his arms and said "amen" and then yelled "treat time!" Yeah, he knows the important part of family night.
- He is a pretty happy guy (except for when he lays on the floor crying or jumps up and down screaming because I told him no)
Ready for work--shoes on, waterbottle full
Driving the mower truck
Using his leaf blower ( not sure where the had idea came from)

1 comment:
fun to read about Cade! Josh is becoming subborn too...how fun:) you posted the vacuum picture twice, but that's OK because it was cute. Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment