Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

December Kiddos

We had a great time in December.  We set up our Christmas tree at the end of November and did a lot of Christmas activities before going to Utah for the holidays. 

Cami--21 months
  • Cami loved having my parents here for Thanksgiving.  After they left I would sing her the song "It's always fun when Grandpa comes" and she wanted me to add Grandma and Melissa as well.  She requested it every night for bed. 
  • Cami was eating a snack one day sitting in Kirk's chair at the table.  She fell off the chair onto the tile.  I was telling Kirk about it when he got home and Cami was in the living room.  She said "Fall down, Daddy's chair, like this" and fell onto the floor.  We laughed at her and she did it over and over again.
  • She likes to show us her arm muscles
  • Cami finally decided nursery isn't torture anymore.  We had a great teacher that would hold her and let Cami cry.  The crying got less and less each week until it only lasted a few minutes and then Cami was down playing!  Now she's missed 3 weeks due to sickness and being out of town and we are getting new teachers and Cade is leaving to sunbeams.  We'll see how January goes. 
  • I was teaching preschool one day and helping the kids with a little craft.  Cami wandered into the living room and I found her sitting with a candy cane.   She had opened it and was eating it.  I left her, but kept an eye on her.  Within minutes she had eaten the whole thing!
  • I left Cami alone in the living room for a couple of minutes and when I came back she had taken all of her clothes and diaper off and was running around in circles. 
  • Cade and Cami both had a lot of fun playing with the fisher price nativity set.  Cami liked to hand me the people and tell me they just went poopy.  I would change their diapers. 
  • Cami talks all of the time.  She puts 3-4 words together.  If she is hungry she says "have some food (or oatmeal or toast or whatever)"  She still says "didi ooo" for "carry you"  all of the time.  She has started saying "good-night mommy" when I put her to bed.  She learns new words every day and surprises me with her vocabulary.  She loves to sing and knows parts of several songs including ABC, Hurry hurry drive the fire truck, monkeys on the bed, child of God, Jingle bells and a few more.  
  • I can put her hair in one ponytail now. 
  • Cami did great driving home from Utah.  She just played and played for hours.  At one point she picked up our box of toys and dumped them on her lap, but it gave her lots to look at!
  • She likes to put her arms out in a doorway and say "Gate" so I can't get out
  • If she is hungry and I am cooking, she will go climb in her chair and snap the tray on and say "need food mommy."
Cade--40 months
  • Cade loves to play with cars, trucks, Cami's house and the guys.  He will play for hours and we go visit each other, go to preschool, buy ice cream, eat dinner, make cookies, take trips, put out fires etc.  He keeps you going the whole time.  I hear "Mommy can you please play with me?" a dozen times a day.  I do play with him too, just not nonstop!  He has a lot of fun building garages out of blocks for his cars to park in.  He loves his new ambulance he got for Christmas. 
  • Cami had a helium balloon that floated over to our counter one morning.  Cade said "hey, Cami's balloon wants some breakfast!"
  • Our fisher-price nativity set angels have wings.  Cade liked to lay them on their backs and say they had stabilizers.
  • He likes to show us his muscles after he eats healthy food. 
  • Cade told me "You are going to be the pretties girl at the temple Mommy."
  • I had to leave one night right before bedtime.  Cami was upset and Cade reassured her "Daddy will put us to bed tonight, Tami.  This man." and patted Kirk's arm.
  • Cade is pretty sure that 5 is a magical age.  When he is 5 years old he can do many things.  One of our nativity wisemen was taller than the rest and he got named the "5 year old."
  • We told the nativity story at a family home evening
  • Out of the blue one day Cade asked me what I wanted for Christmas.
  • He says "my best" instead of "my favorite."
  • We were eating dinner one night and Cade said "This is DE-licious!"  Why, thank you.
  • Kirk worked late on New Year's eve so we were alone for dinner.  I realized that it isn't a special day unless you make it feel that way so we had a party.  We decorated the table with streamers.  Cade got really into it and colored pictures to hang on the wall.  He also got our centerpiece set up:  fire trucks.  We used straws in our cups and turned on some music and then played a game after dinner.  Cade really liked our party. 
  • Cade likes to pretend to be Santa and have Cami, me or toys sit on his lap and tell him what they want for Christmas. 
  • At my dad's family Christmas party we always do a talent show.  I didn't prepare anything with Cade thinking he would not want to participate.  Well he did and stood on the stage in front of 60 people and sang Jingle Bells.  It was great!

No comments: