Pages

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Thanksgiving!

We had my parents and Melissa come visit for Thanksgiving.  We were so excited to see them!  I love having visitors.  They left home Tuesday after work and spent the night in Idaho.  They got here just before lunch on Wednesday.  Cade wanted to show them all of his toys and Cami was playing within a few minutes of them getting here.  I got a lot of the Thanksgiving food ready before they came, but they did help me make a cheesecake and start the turkey marinating on Wednesday.  Kirk's parents, Connor and cousin Kyle also drove up from Provo.  Scott and Kara moved that weekend and they wanted to help.  They stayed at Scott's, but because of the move, we ended up having all 13 people at my house for dinner each night.  It was a real party!  Wednesday night we had lasagna and Scott came straight from the bank with the keys for his new house.  They were super excited to be finally moving in. 

Thursday morning we all helped Scott move some stuff from the storage unit and rental house.  By afternoon everyone was getting tired and we had a great Thanksgiving dinner here.  I had asked everyone coming to pick one thing they wanted and we ended up having a yummy dinner.  I made cranberry sauce from scratch, turkey, potatoes, rolls, gravy, yellow Jello, cheesecake, a relish tray, and sweet potatoes.  Kara brought green bean casserole and some pies.  Our house gets a little crowded with that many people in it, but it was fun.  I'm glad they could all come. 


Cade got all the adults to play duck duck goose with him!

Friday morning we set up our Christmas tree and some decorations.  Kirk went back to help Scott move some big stuff in and Melissa and I went shopping a bit.  That afternoon we all went to see Kirk's new office in Kennewick and then rode the Carousel.  Lisa thought it would be best if everyone rode and bought 12 tokens.  Somehow Kyle escaped.  We had a great time and Cami kept saying "horsey up down" the rest of the day.  We had pizza hut for dinner that night.  My mom and Dad let Cade and Cami open their Christmas presents early too.  Cade got a tool set and Cami got a fisher-price house with some people and a car. 







Saturday we took family pictures and then went over to Scott's house to play.  That afternoon Cade stayed at Scott's to see Grandma and Grandpa some more and Kirk and I went and looked at model homes of 2 different builders.  We would love to build a house soon, but not quite yet.  I love looking at the options though.  We had ham, macaroni and cheese, broccoli and salad for dinner that night (can you tell dinner was a big deal for me?) and played some games. 

It was a quick trip but so fun to see everyone!  I really like having visitors come and totally appreciate the effort it takes to make the trip.


No comments: