Today Cade decided he wanted to have a parade. He got 2 utinsels out of the kitchen (a turner and a potato masher) and started marching around the living room banging them together. Cami joined in and got her own utensils. They lined up some stuffed animals by the couch to watch the parade. They threw candy out and danced and sang songs as they banged the spoons and turners together.
Then I got to be in the parade too. They gave me my own tools to make music with.
Then Cade wanted to be a fireman so he put on his vest and fire hat. He got out his hose and started squirting the "fans." Cami wanted to be a construction worker and put on that vest (it is way too big for her.) I sat on the couched and cheered for each of them as they walked around the living room in circles. Cami thought my cheering was the best thing ever. She wanted me to hold the bear while I was cheering too. They threw me candy and new toys like an ambulance, a tractor and a ball. They kept going and going.
Then it was time for Santa to join the parade so Cade put on his Santa hat with his fireman vest inside out. Cami wore one of my red t-shirts and her Santa hat and they continued to walk, run and dance in circles around the living room.
This all went on for about 30 minutes. I asked them if they wanted some lunch and the parade ended. It was a magical half hour at our house though. I love being a mom to two creative kids like that.
One more story...
Yesterday we went to Target and Cade ended up getting a new book about tractors. It is shaped like a farm tractor and has 4 wheels so you can drive it around. He was so excited.
We got home from the store about 10:45 and Cami decided she wanted a snack. I decided she should wait about half an hour and we could just have lunch. She started whining and climbed up in her high chair and put the tray on. I was putting some stuff away and kind of ignored her as she cried. I told her I would help her down, but she didn't want to get down. After a couple of minutes Cade went in there. He asked Cami if she would like to hear his new book. She said yes and he helped her get out of her chair. They went into my room and both sat in a chair. Cade showed her the picture of the tractors and asked "Cami, do you like that one or that one better?" Cami would point and say "that one." It was really cute. I'm glad he takes care of his sister.
Volleyball
6 years ago

1 comment:
Great stories, Your kids are awesome.
Love,
Dad
Post a Comment