Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Camera Help

Kirk and I each had a camera before getting married, and they both died this summer. Does anyone have any good or bad stories about digital cameras? Any recommendations or non-recommendations? We want something we can take out camping and fishing and stuff and will probably spend around $200(?). I've been researching different features etc. online, but any personal recommendations would be welcome as well.
Thanks!

5 comments:

Miranda said...

Hi Cheryl-it's Miranda from color guard. I've been blog stalking you. I recommend anything from Nikon or Canon. Do NOT get a Kodak; they are terrible!

Breanne Talbot said...

I actually really like our Kodak. (sorry Miranda) The biggest suggestion I would make is to not get sucked into the "mega-pixel craze". They'll sell you cameras with really high mega-pixels, but it really doesn't matter. You only need 4+ mega-pixels if you are going to blow up the pictures to poster size. If not, a 3 mega-pixel should be just fine. I would go for a better zoom instead.

Patti said...

I agree in part with both of the above. I like Canon. We have a Canon powershot A 720. It has enough bells and whistles to take really good pictures and a good zoom. I like the fact that it takes 2 AA batteries instead of an expensive camera battery. We have found that the Kodak recharageable AA batteries for cameras hold their charge well. I think it was under $200. If you have any more questions let me know.

KayLynn said...

I have a cannon Powershot SD890 that I take everywhere!! It is small enough that it fits in my purse, even with all my mommy gear. It also takes really good pictures on the go. The only "custom" thing I have done with it is turn off the flash, and used the auto macro setting. It also does video pretty good (the St. george ones on our blog are from that camers) I have been very happy.

Darlene said...

I have a Kodak Easyshare, and I have really liked it. It was inexpensive, but I feel like it takes descent pictures.