Guess what! We saw a grizzly bear in Yellowstone. Crazy. It was a small bear (the ranger said about 3 years old) and it was on a hill right above the road. We saw it from the car and then hurried and parked and took a few pictures. This was the first grizzly I'd ever seen in the wild and it was pretty cool.

The other cool part is that after we saw the bear we did a short hike and then continued driving around the loop. About 10 minutes later we saw a mama black bear with 2 cubs. I felt so lucky to see so many bears. The cubs were so small and looked like they were having fun playing in the grass. The other other cool part is that we also saw one other black bear on Tuesday, so all together we saw 5 bears.
This is a pictures of us with lower falls in the background. I think that the grand canyon in Yellowstone is really pretty.

We left Monday and spent the night in Rexburg with Lindsey and then spend Tuesday through Thursday in the park. We counted 6 waterfalls total that we saw. We also played the license plate game and got all but Hawaii and Delaware on the trip. Melissa and I had a lot of fun looking for wildlife too. Along with the bears we saw a bald eagle, coyote, elk, deer, buffalo, and pelicans. Here is Melissa and I at at the Tower Falls lookout

Wednesday we went and drove around the bottom loop of the park. We saw lots of stinky hot springs and geysers, including the one and only Old Faithful! We drove around the top part of the lake and saw tons of buffalo! One of them was even walking down the side of the road. Last time my family went to Yellowstone was 10 years ago and we didn't see any buffalo. After the hundreds that we saw this week, I don't know how we managed to not see any.

I'm really glad that I got to go spend time with my family. I really enjoy camping and Yellowstone is awesome! There is so much wildlife and many beautiful places to go.
5 comments:
I have never really been to yellow stone. It is one of the main things on my to do list. All of the pictures I see of it are beautiful!
Looks like you all had a lot of fun.
Ooh that sounds like so much fun! I love that you played the license plate game!
That's an impressive amount of license plates!
What a fun trip! Your pictures look great!
Oh I love your pictures. It makes me miss Yellowstone. I am glad you had a great time with your family. Good luck with Jury Duty.
Post a Comment