Pages

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Jury Duty

Guess who get to serve on a jury for the next week! Yes, you're truly. I was assigned jury duty last week and didn't have to report Monday through Wednesday, but on Wednesday night when I called in, they said I had to come Thursday morning. Then I got assigned to a trial and spent the rest of Thursday and Friday listening to lawyers and testimony in a court room. Not quite my first choice of how to spend the end of my summer break. I start school on Monday. Luckily all I will be missing is teacher meetings and setting up and stuff. Luckily, I'll still get paid for that week. The trial should end on Friday and I really hope that it does. I (should) start teaching a week from Monday and I would really like to be there. Pray for me that the trial goes fast!!

5 comments:

Mandi and Adam said...

Adam had jury duty last summer. He said it was a good experience, but not necessarily one he would want to repeat. I think his trial only lasted a week or so and it was a pretty complicated criminal case. Good luck!

Breanne Talbot said...

Wow! I've never talked to anyone with jury duty who actually had to stay and be on the jury before! It's kind of like you're in the movies or something. Good luck! I hope the trial goes fast!

Norris Fam said...

Who knows...you might like it and want to stay longer :)

Jill said...

Wow Cheryl, jury duty! Good luck - I hope the trial goes quickly!

Lisa said...

Hi!
I finally checked out your blog. It's fun! Have fun in court!
Lisa