skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Green River Rafting trip
A couple of weeks ago we were able to spend some time in Utah. I'm the kind of person who likes to be out doing thing, especially in the summer time. Although I love my parents and my in-laws, the idea of spending a week at either of their houses didn't sound too appealing. So, as part of our Utah trip, Kirk and I also planned a camping trip to Flaming Gorge and rafting down the Green River. We invited the parents, Kirk's cousin Laura, and the in-state siblings (Connor and Melissa) and of course, they all wanted to come. Our plan was to leave Wednesday morning, camp Wednesday and Thursday nights and head home on Friday. Due to a "giant" storm that was supposed to hit the area, we postponed our trip by one day and left early Thursday morning. (I say "giant" because we didn't see much of a storm, but the campground people did say it was pretty windy. I really didn't want to postpone, but when you're outvoted 8:1, you give in.) Kirk and I were able to fish on Thursday afternoon. The canyon up there is so beautiful! The fish are really big too. We had a lot of fun. Then we went back to the campsite for my favorite part: dutch oven dinner, s'mores and banana boats. My dad goes camping just to eat the good food and I totally inherited that from him. I love food cooked out by a fire. Friday morning Kirk and I went and fished again without much luck while everyone else went and picked up the raft. Then we spent 3 hours floating down the river. It was really relaxing. There were a couple of rapids, but nothing too big, especially because we had a big boat. It was really nice to get out and enjoy another area of Utah. It was such a pretty place. Here are some of the pictures from our trip.
Kirk, making sure we had the right flies to hook them!

My parents--aren't they cute?

Tom, freezing (the temp was around 45 F), by the fire

Connor, showing off his new shades

My biggest fish at the river. I really didn't want to lose him! Kirk calls my right hand here the "death grip." The fish was fine, and I got my picture though!

Kirk's fish (notice the canyon behind him)

Our group on the raft (you can't miss my hubby's farmer's tan. No, that's not a shirt)

Kirk, leading us down the river

The Dads

Melissa and Connor
4 comments:
That is a gorgeous area.
How fun. I'm glad you got to go out and enjoy Utah! We really had fun on our hike with you.
AWESOME, Thanks for the great trips with you. I can't wait for the Mt. Whitney blog.
Dad
I didn't realize how beautiful Utah is until I moved to Vegas :)
Post a Comment