Pages

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Cade in June

Playing in the rain.  I thought he had one towel and then before I knew it they were all over!  Crazy kid. 
  • Cade got a new balance bike at the end of May.  He loves it!  We call it his Radio Flyer (the brand).  He likes to "fly" and glide on his bike. 
  • Right after he got his bike he stopped riding it and said "Wait, we need to get Cami a bike!"  He looks out for his sister and lets her ride his blue car now. 
  • Cade has been sleeping in a bed, out of his crib, for a while now.  He sleeps on the floor more than his bed though.  He will spread out a blanket and put his pillow down and sleep there.  A few times I have found him in the hallway upstairs too. 
  • One day Cade told me something I thought was crazy (I can't remember now) and I asked him where he got that idea.  He said "Winco!"
  • Kirk needed to change the oil last Saturday.  Cade was so excited to help him!  He stayed outside the whole time and made sure that it was all done correctly. 
  • We got Cade some new shoes and they have blue lights when he steps.  He loves his blue light up shoes and even slept with them by his floor bed one night.  He likes to pick out his own clothes and get himself dressed.  He usually gets something on backwards, but overall does pretty well. 
  • Every day we have to go out and mow the lawn.  Cade takes his plastic mower, his paper backpack blower, his golf-club trimmer, and his special blower. 
    Time to go Mow!
  • He loves to hit golf balls outside too.  He is starting to hit it up in the air and he loves it.
  • Cade likes to call his cousins, especially Daniel.  The other day he wanted to call him to tell him that we had a carpet cleaner at out house. 
  • Cade likes to make sure that everyone is happy.  We ran out of bacon at breakfast the other day.  Cade broke a piece off of his and asked if I wanted some more.  Then he offered some to Cami. 
  • He knows that he needs to share with Cami.  Often he will get her a toy out and then get one for himself--partly so she doesn't steal his. 
  • We have been putting sunblock on each morning.  I tell Cade he needs it so he doesn't get sunburned.  One morning he was concerned about spending too much time in the shade because he may get shade-burned. 
  • He loves that splash park!  It is one place where he will just go play by himself and not worry about me.  He stands under the buckets and waits for them to dump, he runs through the sprayers and goes down the slides.  It is fun. 
  • One night I checked on Cade and he had taken off his diaper, and then put on underwear, socks, and his pajamas again.  
  • He is about done taking naps.  He has been down to 1 hour naps for a little over a month.  I won't let him sleep longer because he either stays up way too late or wakes up at 5:30 or both.  Without a nap he will sleep from about 7 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. which is great!  It makes for longer days for me, but he will take a good break and watch movies on the tablet. 
    Dressed up like a "fireman"--Cami's hat, my shorts, special boots
    What an imagination!

    Special blower on the trails

1 comment:

Stormie said...

What a cute boy!