I love holidays! They give us a reason to do something different and it usually involves good food and family and friends. July 4th is no different. Kirk is pretty indifferent when it comes to most holidays. This year I decided I wanted to take Cade and Cami to a parade. Kirk was going to come, but ended up going into work to finish some stuff up (his choice). We went to the Pasco parade with some friends: Lauren, Jane and Everett. You have to know that Pasco is a farming town. The parade was different than any other I had been to. I am used to floats with pretty girls all dressed up and a few marching bands or some big balloons. This one had 1 band, lots of cars and horses, a garbage truck, a tow truck (or 2) and some big John Deere tractors. A little different, but still fun. When I do things like this in the tri-cities I am reminded of how small this place is. To go to the parade in Provo, you have to pretty much camp out on the street. I showed up at 9:30 (it started at 10), parked a block away and found a good spot to sit. Not in the shade, but on some grass at least.
.JPG) |
| Cade loved the garbage truck, and his red balloon |
 |
| Tractors! Best part! |
Cami was happy and kept eating candy. She loved the popsicle that one group handed out.
 |
| Waiting for it to start |
 |
| Cade takes good care of his sister and friend Jane |
No comments:
Post a Comment