Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas Break!!

This is the first year in 21 years I haven't had and official "Christmas Break" from school. Weird. Kirk did though!

We had a great Christmas, starting with a Christmas Eve party with 4 other families in our ward. We had a yummy dinner of ham, potatoes, jello and rolls, sang some Christmas songs and attempted to act out the nativity play.

Our Nativity: Cade is the sheep on the floor.


It was a fun night. We ended up having 10 adults, 3 3-year olds, 3 1.5-year olds and 2 babies. I am so glad that we friends to celebrate with!

Christmas morning started with the traditional coffee cake and grapefruit. We went to church at 9, came home and skyped with my family, Kirk's parents and then Scott and Kara. We opened presents over skype with each group. It was a lot of fun to see the family, even though we couldn't actually be there.

Kirk has had this week off as well. We decided to do a fishing trip to the White River in northern Arkansas. (Someday we may go on vacation not centered around fishing. I'm still waiting for that day. With my husband though, it may never come :) ) Monday we got ready for the trip, packing food and gear. We've been talking about buying a kayak since we moved here and Kirk finally decided that it was time so he went to Bass Pro and came home with a beautiful new kayak.

Tuesday morning we headed out to the river (4 hour drive). We made it and were able to fish in the Norfork River, next to the White. We spent the night at a nice little cabin right next to the White river. here is the view from the outside and inside:



Unfortuately, I had a sore throat and Cade was not being himself. I'm pretty sure he started to get sick on Monday. Cade had a hard day all of Tuesday and Tuesday night was probably the worst we had since he was born. I think I slept a grand total of 4 hours, broken up into 4 chunks. We had Cade sleeping in his car seat (instead of the pack 'n' play) because of his stuffy nose, but he just woke up screaming over and over. I ended up holding him from 6:30 to 9:30 while he finally got some good sleep. Cade and I dropped off Kirk at the river and he spent the day kayaking down and fishing. Cade and I spent the day at our cabin, watching TV and napping. We had planned on staying 2 nights, but Cade changed our minds. He wouldn't fall asleep Wednesday night. He would get close, then just start screaming again. Finally after an hour of trying, we decided to just pack up and go home thinking he would sleep in the car. We made it home a little after midnight. Cade slept the whole way and we didn't have to stop. He continued sleeping well until 10 am with just 1 interupption for food. Hopefully my baby feels good soon!

No comments: