Pages

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Day to Day December

December 7 we woke up to this. We were told when we moved here that it only snows 2-3 times a year. Well, we've already had it snow twice! P.S. I love the view out of our apartment. Just a big field and a road. We've seen a coyote in that field a few times recently too.

Getting the mail
All of the mailboxes for our complex are in the same place so it is about a 7 minute walk over there. Cade and I make the trek everyday. This was today (December 20). He loves sitting up in the stroller and looking around at cars and stuff as we walk.
We went to a Christmas party the other night so Cade was wearing his Santa suit. I wanted some pictures of him under the tree and this is the best I got. Most of them didn't really turn out, but I love his face here.

We were able to bless Cade on Sunday, December 18. We were hoping to have Kirk's parents come for Christmas, and then his dad could help bless, but it didn't work out. Cade was happy the whole time. It worked out great. Kirk was nervous but did a great job. The bishopric member made a comment afterward that Cade was big enough that we could send him off on a mission in a few months! Here's my boys at home after church. Cade was super tired, but I wanted a picture before his clothes got dirty (which they did, he pooped on them a couple hours later). Also, notice the cute stocking I made for Cade in the background!

Now it's almost Christmas! We've got stuff wrapped and under our tree and have been lucky enough to get a few extra packages in the mail! Thanks to Mom, Lisa and Alan! This is the first time we will be spending Christmas on our own, away from the parents. I am a little sad and wish we could go to Utah. But, luckily we have skype! We are also planning a Christmas Eve party with some friends. My family always had a big Christmas Eve party and so I decided that I still wanted to celebrate that night, even though we won't be with family. I still love this time of year and all of the decorations and goodies and fun things that go along with it. I love walking to the mailbox and getting Christmas cards (Thank you for sending them!!) I love how everyone seems nicer and seems more focused on becoming more like Christ.

Merry Christmas!!

2 comments:

Norris Fam said...

I'm sure your family will miss having you at Christmas :( I need to get on Skype...we haven't tried it yet.

(Love the Santa suit BTW)

Meg said...

I love how much Cade looks like his daddy! Too cute! :)