Pages

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Cade update

  • Cade likes to crawl around on the floor with his head on the ground.  He call it his "vacuum head."  One day I was putting Cami down for a nap and he crawled into her room and ran into the wall.  He looked up a little dazed, then turned and kept crawling, right into the changing table.  Then he turned around and crawled out the door.  Silly boy.
  • Cami's favorite word is Ba-ba-ba-ba.  It doesn't mean anything, it's just what she says.  So it reminded me of an old Beach Boys song--Barbara Ann.  I started singing it and have played it for Cade now.  Last night we listened to it like 6 times in a row and danced around the family room.  Even Cami got into it.  I got a cute video of Cade and Cami both dancing.
  • When I put Cade to bed I remind him over and over to tell me if he has to go potty or poopies.  He usually waits until I've sung him a song or 2 and then says he has to go.  Whatever.  At least he 's going in the toilet and not bed.  One day he was playing with his farm animals and he wanted to put the horse to bed.  He picked it up and cradled it and sang "child of God" then said "night-night" then "poopies." and had the horse go before going to bed. 
  • Cade imitates voices.  Whenever he calls something big he always refers to Daddy and uses a deep voice and says it's a "big Daddy pancake" (or whatever).  If it is little, he says "little Cami pancake" in a high voice.
  • Cade has really picked up on singing this month.  His favorite songs are Baby Beluga and There was a man lived in the moon.  He can also sing most of "I belong to the church of Jesus Christ."  Sometimes he'll just starts singing a song that I didn't realize he knew.  The other day it was the ABC song and today it was "I'm so Glad when Daddy comes home."
  • Cade loves to count to 10 (and sometimes 11).  He likes to jump and count at the same time.
  • When he hits Cami accidentally he gives her a kiss and a hug and says "Sorry Ani."  So sweet.
  • One day I had to go get something upstairs really fast and didn't want to take Cami with me.  I asked Cade to take care of her.  When I came back down, he had gotten out the bucket of balls we have and was showing them to her.  She really likes to play with the balls.
  • We were at my aunt's house making applesauce and ended up staying to process the jars while she ran an errand.  I took something out to the car and when I came back, the door was locked, with only Cade and Cami in the house.  I didn't realize that the handle on the door was locked when I left.  Luckily I had my phone on me, but Cade saw me through the window on the door.  I called to him and he came over and I told him through the door to unlock it and twist the lock.  Somehow he figured it out and I was able to get in.  I was a bit scared though!  When my aunt came back, she showed me where their key is hidden, in case I ever need to break into the house.
  • Cade loves golfing.  He gets large wooden spoons from the kitchen and we hit balls around the living room.  We went to the driving range as a family yesterday and Cade had a great time hitting with Kirk's clubs.  No pictures, sorry.
  • Cade also loves doing the dishes.  He puts his stool up right next to the sink and plays with a pan or a spoon or a measuring cup in the water.  Sometimes I enjoy this and sometimes I would prefer to just do them by myself.  He sure loves to help though. 
  • I don't really have any pictures from this month!  I'll repent and take a bunch in the next couple of weeks.
    playing the fishing game one morning

2 comments:

Prairie Ridge Relief Society said...

I got locked out of our apartment in Illinois once, and I had to break in...it was really scary to have two little kids in the house!!

Unknown said...

Love it, Love it, Love it.
Thank you.
Dad